Friday 15 April 2011

Pirates on Amazon

I have recently discovered that two of my free books, Slave Empire – Prophecy and The Cyber Chronicles – Queen of Arlin, have been pirated and are being sold on Amazon.com. I have contacted the relevant department – piracy procurement, apparently – at Amazon and been roundly ignored.

They evidently don’t see the need to protect authors’ copyrights – well why should they when they’re making a cut of the pirate’s profits? They demand that I jump through a whole bunch of red tape hoops to prove I am the author of these books, when they clearly didn’t make the pirate jump through any, or he wouldn’t have been able to pirate my books in the first place.

If people are buying these books at exorbitant prices – $6.99 for Queen of Arlin and $3.20 for Prophecy – they are being resoundingly ripped off, as both these books are free on Smashwords.com. I’m unable to comment on this situation on Amazon, due to the fact that I’ve never bought anything there.

So if anyone would like to help, and has bought stuff on Amazon, please leave comments stating that these pirated books are copyright infringements. Just do a search on Amazon for ‘T C Southwell’ and the two books will pop right up. Thanks to all who help!

No comments: